WHAT'S NEW THIS MONTH

CREATING AND FINDING THE GOODNESS


AMAZING APRIL 2011




(Because of YOU, The FYF Blogazine is 
newly named "YAAY YOU". To mirror the wonderful spirit 
of the readers that took FYF past 2.1 million views and I thank you)

(click image above to view larger)



*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************

Creating and Finding The Goodness

YAAY YOU!!! Gentlemen and Ladies! How are you???? Great I hope:) This is the first installment of  new "The YAAY YOU Blogazine." Thank you for your wonderful support of  it's predecessor, FYF.  A new Blogazine name, new inspirational interviews, new ideas for the richness of our thoughts, new goodness resources and new reasons  to support each others journey, even if it's just with a kind word. 

Life is changing daily, let's embrace it.  Let's welcome it with open hearts, doable plans and clear minds that may bring the future to be as pleasant as we each desire.



The day we read this, was not promised to too many. PROMISE YOURSELF to honor this day for your health's sake. Clearly the universe focused on us to be here for a reason. Let me be the next to say congratulations on your choices, your goals and your results. YAAY YOU!!!
 
Have a wonderful APRIL!!! IT'S YOURS! See you soon:)
-Marcella Precise

Exercises Of The Month:

1. LISTEN to your results, answer with your next best step
2. 
Drink Fresh Fruit Juices
3. DREAM bigger than ever, DO better than ever


********************

IN "YAAY YOU" THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interviews of:

SHERNITA Q. ANDERSON

and

SAMMY DAVIS


As we love something new about our lives daily, let's be excited about the focus that lead to the day, to the love and to the hope of our lives. The meaning of YOU in within what you choose to focus on and how at the moment. Don't like it? Change it. You love it? Keep going:) Find that abundant space where you Joy is almost indescribable and you feel that
... ENERGY!!!
Meet two 
Evolving Necessary Enthusiastic Relateble Growing and Youthful women balancing their goals with positive outlooks on life.
Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey thus far.

MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND has a review of great item worth showcasing.

The BE MY GUEST  section has a informative site noted. As always we applaud efforts of anyone working with positive energy and actions.

SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. SEND US YOUR BIRTH DATE TO POST!


**************************************************************
Asper Poets.org, APRIL is:
National Poetry Month






The Food Of The Month is Walnut. With omega-3 and alpha linolenic-acid, this treasure o the earth aids in lowering cholestrol. For better heart health, it has been recommended to incorporate a few in a eating regimen at times.

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.

********************

Blue Cheese and Walnut Crackers

Recipe courtesy Ina Garten, Foodtv
Show: Barefoot Contessa Episode: Cocktail Hour

Ingredients

  • 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 8 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled (about 12 ounces with rind), at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 extra-large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts

Directions

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment,cream the butter and Stilton together for 1 minute, or until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, salt and pepper and mix until it's in large crumbles, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of water and mix until combined.
Dump the dough onto a floured board, press it into a ball, and roll into a 12-inch long log. Brush the log completely with the egg wash. Spread the walnuts in a square on a cutting board and roll the log back and forth in the walnuts, pressing lightly, and distributing them evenly on the outside of the log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 4 days.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the log 3/8ths-inch thick with a small, sharp knife and place the crackers on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 22 minutes until very lightly browned. Rotate the pan once during baking. Cool and serve at room temperature.
************************************************************








Cocoa Butter Vitalizing Body Oil w/ Brazilian Nut & Almond Oils
by
VASELINE


is a slick, soothing and subtle party to my rejuvenating regimen. It's a brilliant move towards your inner smile as the scent of cocoa butter and brazilian nut leads the way. I used 3 drops in my evening bath and immediately remembered why I love the offering of warm almond oil. My skin and I felt youthful as well as, yummy at the same time. Vaseline...waaay more than it use to be:) If you try this, feel free to let us know. Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.











*************************************


***************************************************************


*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes
SHERNITA Q. ANDERSON (NY)







1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?  Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of the day? For how long?

I begin each day in Gratitude and Prayer. From the moment I wake each morning, I being thanking God in advance for favor , wisdom and guidance for my day. 



2. Tell us about your MTV’s Made Hip Hop Dance Battle 2 and your performance.

I had the opportunity to help build the self esteem of an amazing young girl through hip hop dance.  I spent a month in NJ helping her achieve her dream of being a hip hop dancer. At the end she got to perform in front of her entire hometown and perform with 1 of her favorite artists, Pitbull.

This was my first experience with reality tv and I learned a lot about the business and myself.


3. Congratulations on being requested to go out of the U.S., to Prague to teach Dance.What other new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far from Dance?

So far, I am most proud of dancing with Kanye West for Saturday Night Live and dancing with Jill Scott for Beverly Bond’s Black Girls Rock.  SNL was an amazing experience and the choreographer Yemi A.D was wonderful. With BGR, it was awesome that the majority of the staff were people of color from the choreographer Luam, to the artists to production. It  was amazing.



4.What early part of your life's journey prompted you to go forth this necessary outlet?

Dance has always been a constant force in my life. From family gatherings to performances as school, Dance has always been here. My mom danced and even danced while pregnant with me. I took my first dance class at 12 years old and attended a performing arts high school. However, it wasn’t until I was approximately 22 years old when I realized I could have a successful career in dance.

5. Let us in on what goes on at ShernitasGumbo.wordpress.com

Aahh, my yummy gumbo! I am in the process of creating my own website so, soon Shernita’s Gumbo will be a part of shernitaanderson.com. I most recently posted a review of “For Colored Girls” directed by Tyler Perry. Check it out and feel free to leave comments!


6. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?

My day to day activities are not much different from others : ). I wake up, thank God and go to work. In addition, I do something conducive to my career each day, from choreographing, to researching new opportunities, to taking class, or coming up with new ideas for my blog and beyond.


7.   What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?

I love to hang with friends and laugh! I also love to go out and socialize and of course DANCE! I would like to try snorkeling, but I would have to learn how to swim first lol.


8.   One thing on my Life List (something you'd still love to accomplish but haven't done yet in this lifetime) is that I would love to have my own foundation that fully funds the arts educations and careers of young people of color until they are at least 19 years old.


9.  What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?

Well honestly, I recognize that the life I live is a gift. I know that at any point it could all be taken away. I also know that there are so many people out there who can’t even walk, or run, let alone dance. So each day I’m able to wake up and do what I love , is truly a blessing.


10.   What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life?

I prefer and respect a mate who is 100% honest/upfront with a great sense of humor. I love when someone can make me laugh.


11.     Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?

As a little girl my grandmother told me that everyone isn’t a friend. That rings true till this day.


12.    What piece of business advice would you like to share?

I would tell everyone to remain humble yet confident, invest in yourself and always treat people with respect.


13. What is NEXT for you in 2010, 2011 and beyond?

Aaah what’s next? Well, I plan on touring with a major artist soon. I will also be able to live off of my artistry fully very soon. I’m looking forward to more paying gigs and opportunities.


14.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? 
         Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog ? 
         Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?
         High Heel, DEFINITELY.  (nothing else will do)
         Novel
         Fresh Fruit (Pineapples are my favorite)

15. What word would best describe YOU right now? 
Unstoppable.


***********************************************

**************************

*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

SAMMY DAVIS (PA/NY)






1.  
If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? 
 Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of the day? For how long?
My song is not a good song to meditate to ... but it represents who I am, and always have been since a child. It's REM's "Shiny Happy People." I clearly remember bringing the cassette tape of that song into show-and-tell at 3 or 4 years old in preschool. I loved that song so much. I still do. It's who I am -- shiny and happy, and wanting to inspire that in the people around me.

I meditate at the Harlem Meer in Central Park after my morning run. The lake at the meer (110th & Malcolm Lenox) is calming. I try to focus on the ripples of the lake while also tuning into the sound of traffic behind me. I find that by focusing on one noise and one visual -- especially the juxtaposition between nature and the concrete jungle -- that I can give my mind peace while also reflecting on the urban beauty that is the awesomeness of a crazy, fast-paced city like New York.

I pray to myself. When I find that I am facing an obstacle, I take a deep breath in, and a deep breath out. Inhale and exhale. So often we forget to breath. It is the, above food and rest, the number one thing that keeps us alive! And so we must bless ourselves with breath to face the struggles and to find success in them each and everyday.

2. Tell us about SAMMY DAVIS VINTAGE

3. What new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far from this?
Sammy Davis Vintage exists to inspire men and women of all interests and backgrounds to live a positive, driven life and to pursue what they love best. I want SDV to exist as an inspirational figure in the lives of those who follow her. I'm so proud to have actualized a brand that speaks to the hearts and minds of women across all ages and style personalities. I most recently received an email from a new SDV facebook fan who told me that thanks to my example, she has found a happy place in vintage and a reason to wake up in the morning and find meaning in her day.  


4.What early part of your life's journey prompted you to go forth this necessary outlet?

write these words as a 24 year old in earth years, but as a much older and seasoned soul. It was just last year that after working a very prestigious corporate job that I realized that said job was not allowing me to connect with that I love most: the energy of others.  And so with that awakening, I left my secure, full time job in October 2009 in pursuit of what I love most: finding beautiful vintage clothing to wear and give to others, and inspiring an audience to fuel their life with positive fashion through the vintage and thrift lifestyle. 


5. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?

I am definitely a mover and a shaker around town, but of late I've tried to remain connected to my digital audience so that I can create content that is empowering for them. I most recently launched a YouTube channel for Sammy Davis Vintage. The channel highlights my "totally vintage" life, while also offering tips and views on the DIY, thrift & sustainable fashion culture. As this outlet grows, I know I'll be meeting plenty of purposeful people who will inspire me to previously unimagined greatness!


6.  What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
 I've recently become a mini chef-in-the-making. I love experimenting with new vegetables, and my latest favorite is eggplant! Since it's autumn, I'm aching to try a pumpkin squash soup next ... or maybe even make pumpkin pie from scratch. I find the kitchen so calming and also so supportive of the soul. I can make quality, positive food my body and spirit, and also for others. There's no better way to share love than to make someone a special meal.

I'd like to try rock climbing. It's always frightened me, but looks like SUCH a thrill once you get to the top! 

7.  One thing on my Life List is to take a cross country road trip from the east coast to the west coast. I ache to see what this country is made of ... the different people, ideas, sites, sounds ... everything! I feel as if I've lived in a sheltered northeast bubble for most of my 24 years. As someone who wants to be a role model for the people of this country and beyond, I feel I owe it to them to meet and understand who they are and what life experiences define them.

8.  What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world? 
 I run. Almost every morning I test my body against the thoughts of my mind, and their chaos before the work day begins, I calm them and settle them with the physical accomplishments of my body. I strongly believe that exercise is key toward keeping yourself grounded, focused and balanced in the mind and body.


9.  What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life? 

A man with a strong sense of self who embraces growth and change for the betterment of who he is and what he can offer to the world. 


10.  Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?


My mother told me that I could do whatever I wanted to do in life. She was absolutely right. 

11. What piece of business advice would you like to share?


I believe that to be successful, you don't have to fight for it. It should be a natural extension of your growth. Embrace growth for its speed and for what it is, and you will enjoy the success that the universe has in store for you. And the best part? The universe always has success in store for all of us.  


12. What is NEXT for you in 2010 and beyond? 

I see a lot of change in 2011 and beyond. I see myself embracing that change and growing with it so that my goals never stray from the right path. I also envision a lot of videos, writing opportunities and connection to others through Sammy Davis Vintage.  


13.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? 
       High heel 

        Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog ? 
       Inspirational book

         Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?
       Fresh fruit juiced (in a juicer!!) 

14.  What word would best describe YOU right now? 
       Fulfilled.  



****************************************
*********************************************
*************************************************************************************
BE MY GUEST:


SCHOLARSHIPS.COM



*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************


****************


SHE DID IT:

****************




*********************
HONORS:


NICOLE ASKEW PROCTOR

EventsWithExcellence.com


******************************************************


********************
HONORS:

EDEN DUNCAN-SMITH, 11 year old Broadway Actress/Singer/Songwriter




******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:

CHRISTINE TSANG, Entrepreneur/Author




******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:

ANDRENA HALE, Director




******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:

VERONICA DE'LUZ, writer





******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:

ELLE CASTRO





******************************************************


*********************
HONORS:

ANGELE N. SIMPSON




AngeleFlorals.com

******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:



TraciLynnJewelry.com


******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:

OSA ASEMOTA






******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:
SHAVON LYON, Make Up Artist




ShavonLyon.com


******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:


REBECCA VOZ, Singer/Songwriter


Twitter.com/RebeccaVoz



******************************************************

*********************



HONORS:

All STUDENTS  Spring 2011 Session!
GOOD LUCK! BE GREAT!

***************************************************************

HONORS:

The NEW BUSINESS OWNERS of Bronx NY and Harvey, Illinois

*****************



HONORS:

The NEW BRIDES of Austin, Texas

*********************

HONORS:

The NEW MOMS AND DADS of Stockholm, Sweden and Honolulu, Hawaii


*********************

HONORS:



******************************************************

************************************

*******************


HONORS:

TIMELESS MUSIC THAT INSPIRES
(email your suggestions):


************************





*************************






***********************







*****************************






******************





******************
***************************************************************

HONORS:

The NEW BUSINESS OWNERS of Rosedale NY and Baltimore, Maryland



*****************



HONORS:

The NEW BRIDES of Oakland, California


*********************

HONORS:

The NEW MOMS AND DADS of Stockholm, Sweden and Honolulu, Hawaii


******************************************************************************************************

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****


Because you were born...Great things were born

Ms. Daya M-04/01
Ms. K Hems-04/01
Miss. Floreda TL-04/04
Mrs. Tee L.-04/08
Mrs. Michella Brown-04/08
Ms. Essence Gee-04/09
Miss Dora-04/12
Ms. Kimberly F-04/12
Mrs. Freda Marie C- 04/24
Ms. Helenia D-04/24


**************************************


To be considered for *A Beautiful Mind*, BE MY GUEST, or SHE DID IT!! 
Write a note at YaayYou@gmail.com
CREATING AND FINDING THE GOODNESS CREATING AND FINDING THE GOODNESS Reviewed by YAAY YOU on 8:08 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.