WHAT'S NEW THIS MONTH

KALI POP at YAAY-YOU NOV/DEC 2017 "CHOOSING TO BE THANKFUL" E-Issue


YAAY-YOU's A Beautiful Mind section welcomes

'YAAY-YOU' NOV/DEC 2017:

KALI POP

(Kali Pop photo shot by Yamarie "YAMS", @GotShotByHer)


To show a diverse reach of readers that everything is possible all over the globe, what states or countries have you lived in? What state do you live in now?

I was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Throughout my living there I frequented the US to spend summers with my american siblings in South Carolina, as well as NYC. I’m currently living in NYC.

1.  If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?

If there was a song to reflect my vibe it would probably be “About Him” by Alex Isley.
I say that because it’s bright, but romantic and good for the soul...Like me.

Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of the day? For how long?

I speak to God hourly, to give thanks first, then we get right into the blessings that we both know he’s saving for me.

2. Congratulations on your blessings and new goals. Tell us about 2 great projects/events that you were proud to be apart of in this lifetime.

This year has been full of blessings, I was privileged to be considered an asset to many projects of peer creatives. My favorite projects to work on or be apart of was “Regalia” by Famey, and “Conflicted; A Tragic Love Story” by Gist. I live for organic vibey sessions, sessions that make me feel like I’m singing and writing for fun and release again.


3. As an amazing singer/songwriter, what early part of your life's journey, prompted you to create this and have it become such a necessary outlet for you?

As a super Leo, I always tried to be the best at anything I did, unfortunately I would back burner things that I didn’t excel in; i.e. Math class. Singing was what I knew I could do, and I did it well enough to make it a career goal. At 11 years old I wrote my first song along with my older sister Entitled “Fly Like Me”; proceeding that day I became Kalipop, Singer/Songwriter.


4.  What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?

I have a lot of fun indulging  in purposeful conversation, and learning from them. I have the most  fun when I know I’m bettering myself. I also enjoy drinking alcohol whilst playing loud music, that’s fun too lol


5.  One thing on my Life List is...On my life list there’s a Taco Food Truck that I will own , a Villa in Hawaii, and a mini farm including a monkey, a pygmy piglet, and a horse. They will act as my children.

6.  What/Who keeps you motivated in this ever changing world?

I have a lot of supporters who encourage me to be great and push forward everyday, but what really keeps me going is the competition that I have with my former self. As long as I’m doing better than her… I’m already winning.


7.  What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life?

I respect honesty, respect, and transparency. It’s important to trust, and to be trusted.


8.  Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?
My grandmother, she said “Wipe from front to back”


9. What piece of business advice would you like to share?

Read the fine print, Don’t sign without a trusted lawyer present. It’s takes 10x longer to
Get of a contract than it takes to sign it.


10. What is NEXT for you in 2017 and beyond?

I have a project entitled “NEON” that is due for soon release.
I’m blessed to have a lot of great producers involved in making it everything I dream of.
I’m also writing for a few talented singers that the world will hear about in due time.

11.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?
I enjoy being comfortable, so no heel.
       Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog ?
Biographies for sure, Tell me all their business.
       Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?
Fresh fruit, pineapple, and watermelon preferably

12. What ONE word would best describe YOU right now?

Right now? I would say “resilient”.  
The obstacles get real, but I always bounce back… like how a real one do.
KALI POP at YAAY-YOU NOV/DEC 2017 "CHOOSING TO BE THANKFUL" E-Issue KALI POP at YAAY-YOU NOV/DEC 2017 "CHOOSING TO BE THANKFUL" E-Issue Reviewed by YAAY YOU on 9:25 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.