WHAT'S NEW THIS MONTH

APRIL 2013 SPRINGING INTO ACTIVE JOY




APRIL 2013

(Because of YOU and your warm spirit, The YAAY YOU Blogazine's viewership
reached over 2.1 million and I thank you)
 



(click image above to view larger)



*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
SPRINGING INTO ACTIVE JOY

HI THERE! How are you feeling? FAVORED, I hope. I'm sure you are because you made it to this day! This day belongs to The ACTIVE! Every moment we breathe is another chance to create the harmony that we desire of the day! A day that sounds good to US! A day that makes our purpose true and our goals real. The steady beat of our individual purposes, tend to lead us passionately  along the path of happiness. Happiness sounds great to me!  I am very grateful for the Frequent Tryers that have returned to get inspiring concepts, healthy recipes and reviews of products that soothe the spirit. I appreciate the new readers for the same reason:) You all are welcome here. Let's support the ideas that each of us are able to fulfill our daily goals without hindering another persons goals on purpose. Let's go forth in only the thoughts of goodness towards our own next step. Let's take our own next step and keep stepping. Let's get involved in our own joy and the joy of the love ones closely around us!  You are working and this month will be working for you! The goodness  of our future is developed today and all is truly possible now. POWERFUL love is on the rise and everything prosperous is in our reach! Reach for it! Do something! Think something! Learn something! Happiness is personal to the individual that seeks it and the activity of following our own goals, will surely help us find that happiness. Life is happening, let's align ourselves with methods to steer it in the direction of "happening" how we desire. Let's welcome the responsibility of bringing our own personal good energy and skills to the tasks at hand. Wonderful weather days are upon us. Breathe in the sun, have a conversation that opens your mind, write in a note that enlightens your life's concepts, eat foods that lead to a great tasting experience, go on a vacation that lifts your spirit. Just FEEL it! Feel like it now. And KNOW that what feels good for you, is for you. You will be glad you did and smile about it later. Congratulations on everything powerful that is working thru you, with you and for you:)

Have a wonderful APRIL!!! IT'S YOURS! See you soon.

-Marcella Precise

Exercises Of The Month:1. Go for a Talk while you Walk/Jog
2. Drink Water and Eat Fresh Foods
3. Forgive yourself. Work with the best "you" that is available today


********************

IN FYF THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chairs:

LISA VITALE
DJ RERE

As we prepare do all that is capable and desired to make us feel happy. We face obstacles that have been defeated before, as history shows, we can never have a new problem. Wonderful to know that eth resolution gets closer as we DO something about it!
For we are aiming to feel that all great ideas are
... POSSIBLE!!
Meet two 
Passionate Optimistic Sensible Striving Interesting Bold Loving Encouraging women with positive outlooks that supports their grateful movements of this lifetime.
Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey thus far.


MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND has a review of great item worth showcasing.

The BE MY GUEST has a informative site noted. As always we applaud efforts of anyone working with positive energy and actions.

SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. SEND US YOUR BIRTH DATE TO POST!



**************************************************************

APRIL is 
  • Keep American Beautiful Month
  • Alcohol Awareness Month







The Food Of The Month is the Plum. With the world going green more and more everyday, it's no wonder that the treasures of this earth are getting it's proper recognition. Helps to fight Alzhiemer's and to reduce the risk of diabetes. Great resource for vitamins and great addition to recipes daily.

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.

*******************

Moroccan Chicken with Squash and Dried Plums

Recipe courtesy Amy Finley/FoodTv
Show: The Gourmet Next Door Episode: Moroccan State Of Mind


Ingredients
7 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, zest grated and juiced (about 2 to 3 tablespoons juice) plus 2 lemons, quartered, for garnish
1 teaspoon harissa
4 skinless chicken thighs, (about 2 pounds)
1/2 cup chicken broth
Pinch saffron strands
1 large onion, chopped
3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch half moons or chunks
3 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch half moons or chunks
3 medium plum tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup dried pitted prunes (about 10)
1/4 cup black olives, pitted
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1/4 cup almonds
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Special Equipment: coffee grinder, Dutch oven
Serving Suggestion: flatbread
In a medium glass bowl, combine the spice mixture, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, and harissa. Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours. Warm the chicken broth and add the saffron strands, then allow to steep at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade. In a Dutch oven over high heat, brown the chicken thighs on both sides in 2 tablespoons olive oil, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set chicken aside on a plate. Reduce the heat to medium, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan, and saute the onion until golden, about 5 minutes. Place the chicken thighs on top of the onions and add any accumulated juices from the plate. Arrange the zucchini and yellow squash and tomato quarters on top of the chicken and tuck in the prunes and olives. Season well with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken broth and saffron. Cover and place on the bottom rack of the oven. Let cook undisturbed 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is falling off the bone. Remove from the oven and transfer the contents of the Dutch oven to a large serving dish.

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small saucepan over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the almonds and fry until the skins begin to crackle, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the almonds and hot oil over the vegetables and chicken on the serving dish. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve, spooning over the sauce in the dish and garnishing each plate with the lemon quarters.

Cook's Note: If you're using a tagine: An unseasoned ceramic tagine may crack in the oven. Before using the tagine for the first time, submerge and soak it overnight in cool water. Pat dry and rub the inside with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then place in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool, then proceed with the recipe.

Spice Mixture:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Combine the spices in a coffee grinder and grind to a medium-fine powder. Add the kosher salt and pepper. Store in an air-tight container, if not using immediately.

Yield: 2 to 3 tablespoons

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/the-gourmet-next-door/moroccan-chicken-with-squash-and-dried-plums-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
************************************************************




Fabulously Fresh Green Tea & Lemongrass Hand Soap
by BURT BEES




...is soothingly appropriate.  The Sunflower and Coconut Oils create great moisture my hands. Cleansing never felt so nature to the fingers, as it does when the Green Tea extract is doing it's thing!.  If you try it, let us know about it.




*************************************

***************************************************************

*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

LISA VITALE (MI / CA)





To show a diverse reach of readers that everything is possible all over the
globe, what states or countries have you lived in? What state do you live in now?



I was born and raised in Sterling Heights (a suburb of Metro Detroit, Michigan). I lived there my entire life, but soon after finishing college I moved out to Los Angeles. I've only been here about 4 weeks!



1.  If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?  Do
 you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of
the day? For how long?



My vibe changes a lot, but I'd say "Open" by Rhye reflects my current
state of mind. I'd love to start meditating. I've tried a few times but I have a hard time quieting my thoughts. When I'm relaxing, I usually find myself listening to an album straight through or 
marathon-watching one of my favorite shows (Girls, Mad Men, Weeds,etc). I usually do this at night for a couple hours before falling asleep.



2. Tell us about 2 great projects that you were apart of in your lifetime and what inspired you to go after those goals?



The first great project I was a part of was Orange Marsupials. Theband formed when we met in high school and we started jamming covers of Bob Marley, Queen, Sublime, etc. Eventually, we started making
original songs and continued on as a band for the next 6 years. We were motivated purely by our love for music. We recently broke up, but I'll never forget the memories I created with those guys, and they
remain some of my best friends. My favorite song of ours is here: https://soundcloud.com/orange-marsupials/inescapable.


The second great project is one I'm just starting now- my first soloalbum! I can write whatever melodies I want, say whatever I need to say... it's such a pure form of expression. Though I love collaborating with others, this is really freeing, and I can't wait to get in the studio with a great producer and put the finishing touches
on it!




3.What early part of your life's journey, prompted you to go create such a
necessary outlet as singing?


I don't know if anything really prompted it- I've been singing as longas I can remember. Ever since I was 5, when people asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, I'd always immediately answer "sing."
It's something that's just ingrained in my DNA. It can relax me, but also invigorate me, and there's few things in life that can really do both.




4. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?

Now that I'm in Los Angeles, my day-to-day activities have changed a bit. I still work full-time at Guitar Center, but in my spare time Iwork on my album, jam with local musicians, and hang out with my boyfriend (who also writes music!) Basically, I try to surround myself with the things I love to do and the people I love.




5.  What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?


I love hiking, rollerblading, and street hockey. My band members used to get street teams together in the summer! If I'm indoors, I love reading (mostly fiction). One of my favorite books of all time is A Clockwork Orange.


6.  One thing on my Life List 
is...I want to travel to Europe, specifically Sicily. I'm mostly Sicilian
and I'd love to see where my grandparents came from, and maybe meet some long-lost relatives. Mainly, I want to eat REAL Sicilian pizza.



7.  What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?



I'd say what really keeps me grounded right now is myself. I'mconstantly listening to the newest music, paying attention to what's going on in the industry, and comparing myself to those artists. Whileit's not good to worry too much about what other people are doing, it keeps me working hard seeing people I admire being noticed for their music. It makes me appreciate all of the fans I have, but also constantly challenge myself to get my music out to more people. I
never want to get too comfortable or stop pushing, because I think that's when you start to lose your passion.




8.  What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this
point in your life?


I've found a really great boyfriend, and the two qualities that I love
about him are:

1. He is never jealous. We have mutual respect and trust, and that is
so important. We're both loyal people, so we never get into big fights
or question each other. He's laid-back, and that's such a great
quality in a boyfriend.


2. He's very supportive. He produces electronic music, and I'm not
great with Pro Tools/recording software in general, so he really helps
me out when I need to record quick ideas. He's also aware of the fact
that if I DO start making real progress in music, I won't be around
all the time... and he's okay with that. He's been on tour himself. He
just encourages me to do whatever I want to do, and I do the same for
him.



9.  Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?


There's one piece of advice that multiple musicians have given me, and so I think it must really be important. They said "Don't ever get jaded." I really took this to heart. You can't ever get over-confident or, even worse, bored of the music you're making. You've got to challenge yourself and really try to make every song the very best it can be. I think this is great advice. Right now, there's nothing in the world I'd love more than making music my regular day job. Being in a studio 10 hours a day, playing shows every night...this is what I want my life to be, and I'm going to try to ALWAYS stay passionate about it.



10. What piece of business advice would you like to share?


Surround yourself with people you respect not only as businessmen, but as human beings. I feel like I finally found really trustworthy,positive, and supportive management in Brian Washington (TheWashington Administration). He's knowledgeable about the industry and most importantly, very honest with me. That's the key right there. If you get bad vibes from possible management, it's important to pay attention to your gut instinct (I've learned that from experience.) Lots of people will promise you things... go with the person who promises you nothing, except that if you work hard, he/she will do their very best to get your music out there.


11. What is NEXT for you in 2013 and beyond?


Hmm... let's see. I'd like to get an EP out, begin playing shows in
the LA area, maybe even get a small tour in by mid- 2014. My main goalis to just write as often as I can, and not to get caught up in the parties around here (though I won't lie, I do wanna hit up a few ;]).


12.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?
        Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog ?
        Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?
1. High heel DEFINTELY! Not all the time. I love my Nikes and Adidas,but when it's time to go out, I like to wear stilettos with dark jeans and a leather jacket.

2. Novels. I have always loved them, though I'm definitely into reading biographies about people who really inspire me. I just love fiction because it's I believe books should allow you to escape into another world for a little while.




13. What ONE word would best describe YOU right now?
Animated.



Optional SideNote: In 2 sentence or less, what do you think of the YAAY YOU
Blogazine?

YAAY YOU is a badass blogazine, and I'm so excited to be a part of it.
Marcella, I admire all that you've accomplished and your passion for
what you do. Love you!





*************************************


DJ RERE (NE / IA / FLA)







To show a diverse reach of readers that everything is possible all over the globe, 
what states or countries have you lived in? What state do you live in now?
Born and raised in Omaha, NE.  Went to school at Iowa State University (Ames, IA), lived in Cuernavaca, Mexico, back to Omaha, moved to Roanoke, VA now I'm in South Florida (Miami area). 


1.  If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?  Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of the day? For how long?

So I'm not a "one song" kind of girl, but if someone would make a MC Breed/Drake/Harlem Shake/Elli Goulding type song, that would be me!!! 
2. Tell us about 2 great projects that you were apart of in your lifetime and what inspired you to go after those goals?

I absolutely love most of my gigs so picking two is hard, but I loved DJing for Sons of Mystro at Disney World and Djing for Carnival Cruise Lines.  I am a natural go-getter so I am always driven to be better than yesterday.  I find something I love, I go after it and never stop until I get to the top.  


3.What early part of your life's journey prompted you to go create such a necessary outlet as being apart of the FLEET DJs and STREET STYLE DJS? ?

I actually was approached from these amazing organizations to be a member.  I already knew about the coalitions and their reputations, so being approached and asked to be a member was an honor.  My hard work was being noticed by national organizations and that was wake up call that I am doing something right and to just get better!  



4. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?

For awhile I was a full time graduate student pursuing my Public Administration and having a full time job as a Program Director for a non-profit organization.  I am also a DJ, where I dj on a weekly basis.  I just recently graduated in February 2013. 

5.  What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?


FUN!?!? My job is pretty fun I think!!! Besides Djing, I like to hang out with my family/friends, go to the gun range, clubbing, hang out with my dog and travel (alot).  I would LOVE to jump out of a plane! I think I'm going to do that very soon!  


6.  One thing on my Life List is...I want to Dj in more than one country on a consistent basis for at least half a year (tour).  



7.  What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?


My family and my dog.  My family always keeps it real with me, always!


8.  What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life?


Supportive and understanding 


9.  Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?


I forget, but I will never forget what they said, "Treat others how you would want to be treated."


10. What piece of business advice would you like to share?

Never uncut or disrespect the game you play.  So many people are in the game for the wrong reasons, making it tough for people who are passionate about their craft succeed or prosper.     


11. What is NEXT for you in 2013 and beyond?

I am working on more mixtapes and of course DJing across the U.S.  You will be seeing more of ReRe this year!! 



12.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?  Go high or go home! 
        Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog ?  Blogs
        Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?  Fresh fruit juiced


13. What ONE word would best describe YOU right now? 

LOCA (Crazy)

Optional SideNote: In 2 sentence or less, what do you think of the YAAY YOU Blogazine? 
I think it's a great outlet for women to learn from one another, very informative.
****************************************
*********************************************
*************************************************************************************


BE MY GUEST:


*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************


****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************


*******************
HONORS:

All Seniors returning to school for the Winter/Spring 2013 Session!
GOOD LUCK! BE GREAT!

*********************



HONORS:

The NEW BUSINESS OWNERS of Jersey City, New Jersey and Duluth, Georgia

*****************
HONORS:

The NEW BRIDES of Los Angeles, California

*********************

HONORS:

The NEW MOMS AND DADS of Denver, Colorada and Albany, New York

******************************************************************************************************

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****
Because you were born...Great things were born

Ms. Daya M-04/01
Ms. K Hems-04/01
Miss. Floreda TL-04/04
Mrs. Tee L.-04/08
Mrs. Michella Brown-04/08
Ms. Essence Gee-04/09
Miss Dora-04/12
Ms. Kimberly F-04/12
Mrs. Freda Marie C- 04/24
Ms. Helenia D-04/24


**************************************

To be considered for *A Beautiful Mind*, BE MY GUEST, or SHE DID IT!! Write us at YaayYou@gmail.com
APRIL 2013 SPRINGING INTO ACTIVE JOY APRIL 2013 SPRINGING INTO ACTIVE JOY Reviewed by YAAY YOU on 9:24 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.