WHAT'S NEW THIS MONTH

JULY - 2014 FLOWING WITH THE GOOD THOUGHTS THAT LEAD TO GREAT EVENTS


JULY 2014

(Because of YOU and your warm spirit, The YAAY YOU Blogazine's viewership
reached over 2.1 million and I thank you)
 






(click image above to view larger)



*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************

FLOWING WITH THE GOOD THOUGHTS THAT LEAD TO GREAT EVENTS


HI THERE! How are you FEELing? AWARE? READY? GRATEFUL? Great! Diversify your joy! If those thoughts within, move you to a great outgoing experience- then keep going! Enjoy the choices you make and the FEELings you choose. The opportunity to choose has been granted to those who have this NEW day! YAAY!!! In this newest day our thoughts can be awesome conveyers, to how we will speak things that could possibly move into our world existence. Let's let our thoughts move us into our next goal, our next great conversation and into our next phase of creativity with others. Nothing is promised yet anything is possible.  THINK, FEEL and DO your personal best for this day- it is the day we have right now:) To be among the LIVING, is awesome. Pick the thoughts that bring a desired action forward, to be your truth. I am very grateful for the Frequent TRYers that have returned to get inspiring concepts, healthy recipes and reviews of products that soothe the spirit. MAY YOUR GOALS REVEAL AWESOME RESULTS BY YOUR DESIGN. Have faith and have fun! Congratulations on the all the awesome ideas that you'll be sharing with folks that YOU enjoy and THEY in return enjoy your presence. YAAY! Life is happening, let's welcome the responsibility of bringing our own personal good energy and skills to the tasks at hand. 

KNOW that what feels good for you, is for you. You will be glad you did and smile about it later. Congratulations on everything powerful that is working through you, with you and for you:)

Have a wonderful JULY!!! IT'S YOURS! See you soon.

-Marcella Precise

Exercises Of The Month:1. Go for a Talk while you Walk/Jog
2. Drink Water and Eat Fresh Foods
3. Forgive yourself. Work with the best "you" that is available today


********************

IN 'YAAY YOU' THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chairs:


KIM GREEN
TIONA DENEICE

As we think about how far we've come thru personal faith, love, desire and dedicated work, we can prepare to take on challenges ahead. The beautiful things that make us THINK life is purposeful, are in our reach.  Wonderful to FEEL blessed, happy and truly
... A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!
Meet two great
 Ambitious Working Effective Sincere Optimistic Magnetic Encouraging women with good outlooks that supports their thoughts for going on in this lifetime.
Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey thus far.


MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND has a review of great item worth showcasing.

The BE MY GUEST has a informative site noted. As always we applaud efforts of anyone working with positive energy and actions.

SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. SEND US YOUR BIRTH DATE TO POST!



**************************************************************

JULY is 
  • Parks And Recreation Month
  • UV Safety Month

===================================

(photo by getfreshsd.com)



The Food Of The Month is the Cabbage. This tasty fiber filled food is sure to entice the palette. Earth's treats are flexible and delicious within many recipes. The cabbage has Vitamin K, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin A. 

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.


*******************

Grilled Southern Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/grilled-southern-fish-tacos-with-cabbage-slaw-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Recipe courtesy of

Ina Garten/FoodTv
Show: Down Home With The Neelys, All Rights Reserved
Episode: Neelys Mexican Style


Ingredients

1 cup buttermilk
1 jalapeno, sliced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Juice of 1 lime
1 1/2 pounds halibut, skinless
Olive oil, for greasing grates
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
16 to 20 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Cabbage Slaw, recipe follows
Lime wedges, for serving
Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving

Cabbage Slaw:

1/2 small head green cabbage, cored
1/4 red onion
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 cup sour cream
1 chipotle, packed in adobo, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/grilled-southern-fish-tacos-with-cabbage-slaw-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Directions

Add buttermilk, jalapeno, smoked paprika, 1/2 the lime juice, salt, and pepper to a large resealable zip top bag. Add the halibut and let marinate for 30 minutes.

Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.

Once hot, brush the grill grate with some olive oil. Remove the fish from the marinade and grill the fish 4 minutes per side, about 8 minutes total. Remove to a plate and break the fish into chunks. Sprinkle with lime juice and a touch more salt.

Grill corn tortillas until warm and soft and they have a few charred marks.

To assemble the tacos, place a nice spoonful of the fish onto the center of a warmed tortilla. Top with the Cabbage Slaw. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro leaves.

Cabbage Slaw:
Using a large holed grater attachment for a food processor, shred the cabbage and red onion. Add to a large serving bowl with the chopped cilantro.

Mix the sour cream, chipotle, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.

Add the dressing to the grated cabbage. Allow the mixture to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours before serving

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/grilled-southern-fish-tacos-with-cabbage-slaw-recipe.html?oc=linkback

************************************************************


Figs- Body Butters 
by Korres at Sephora




...feels good to me and my skin.  Cool way to renew a experience of softness.  
The ingredients of (but not limited to) Avocado oil, Sunflower Almond oilShea Butter 
and Fig Extract work well together.  Using items is totally up to you. If you try it, let us know about it.



*************************************

***************************************************************

*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

 KIM GREEN
(TX / NY)





To show a diverse reach of readers that everything is possible all over the globe, what states or countries have you lived in? What state do you live in now? What states or countries have you lived in? 

I have lived in two states: Texas and New York.  I was born and raised in Austin, Texas.  I attended college in Beaumont, Texas (on the border of Louisiana and Texas) and lived in Houston, 
Texas, until moving to Brooklyn in 2007. 



1.If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?  Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of the day? For how long?


If I’m feeling myself (not literally) I simply love to hear “Ain’t Nobody” by Chaka Khan! If I need to get amped up, it’s 80s rock like Van Halen or more recently, something from Kings of Leon.

   
It’s great that you asked that.  I have only recently started to meditate and now I know what a prayer is supposed to feel like for me.  I’ve also learned that meditating and praying is more for giving thanks for what has already and is about to happen. It’s more of an act of faith than an asking for something or someone. 


I pray throughout the day. When I was in Texas and driving everywhere, I would even pray for a parking space, and it always seemed to work, but please don’t give away my secret.



2. Tell us about 2 great projects that you were a part of in your lifetime and what inspired you to go after those goals?


When I was a PR intern, one of my first opportunities was Black Girls Rock! 2012.  It was a fantastic experience and I was grateful that my mentor allowed me to work on such a big project so early on in my internship.  Beverly Bond is a sweetheart and very genuine, and just to be in room with people I’ve admired for years was fantastic!  BET’s PR team taught me techniques that I now use in my business.


Another great project is one for Kim Green Media that is in the works. I’m super excited about this!  It’s an opportunity that can propel my boutique agency into another realm, just from the contacts and experiences around this project. Since I only take on projects I believe in, I also believe that this project will help people to take control of their health, including me.



3. What early part of your life's journey prompted you to create Kim Green Media and have it become such a necessary outlet for you?


My first professional career before PR was as a teacher and assistant principal. I wanted to transition into a career that would allow me to use the degree knowledge, management skills, planning and follow through that teaching requires.


KGM is necessary for me because I’m able to make decisions based on my experience and I have to pray that my decisions benefit those I represent.  It keeps me engaged and awake.


As a teacher, you’re not even allowed to go to the bathroom when you want to, but at KGM, I can go the ladies’ room when I see fit. I can work from remote locations and I can make my own (lesson) plan and facilitate it, all for the benefit of the client.   


4. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your daily activities?


To me, successful people are those who are basically living life on their terms.  If, for example, if a 73-year-old woman enjoys lifting weights and climbing mountains, she is successful. Success isn’t always reflected in how many followers or friends you have (online or in life) either.  Successful people are appreciative of the life they are leading and can sincerely appreciate other people’s successes as well.


On a daily basis, I am able to interact with people on the bus or the train and that’s what I absolutely love about New York. It’s true that some of them are closed, but most of the time, I can get them to talk to me and some of them become friends, even if we only meet once.  I learned it from my mom engage in a meaningful conversation with a tree.

As a PR person, I attend some really good events and meet people who are at the top of their professions.  99.5% of the time, they are hospitable, polite and open. They will answer your questions and give you their attention. Maybe it’s my training as a Southern girl that gets them to open up.  I don’t know, but I only engage with people who interest me or with whom I feel connected for some reason.

Other than that, I converse with editors, directors, producers, managers and other people whose business it is to get the word out about interesting people and what they do. 


5.  What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?


For fun, I travel as often as possible.  I’ve been to Europe a few times and I have to say that London was the most authentic experience I’ve had.  I didn’t feel like a color, but just like another person. I've walked halfway up the Eiffel Tower and enjoyed the architecture and beaches of Spain.  I thought Texas weather was hot, but Spain is a different kind of hot.


I would love to travel to Africa, preferably Senegal, Equatorial Guinea and Ghana.


I also want to return to the Caribbean to try parasailing.


6.  One thing on my Life List is...Parasailing.  I don’t like heights, but there’s something appealing about being able to have a bird’s eye view of the ocean.


7.  What/Who keeps you motivated in this ever-changing world?


My mom, my sister and brother, my granny and dad’s spirits and my best friends, who I consider to be sisters, all motivate me. The “what” that keeps me motivated is a welcomed obligation to pay homage to people who came before me—the ones who couldn’t lead a life of autonomy, for whatever reason, including martyrs, family, ancestors and genuine people.


8.  What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life?


I grew up with two parents who loved me. They worked well together and accomplished some great achievements in their marriage until my father died of cancer.  They were 18 and 19 when they married, so I base my relationship philosophies on what I have lived.


For me to refer to a man as my mate, the foremost requirement is that I respect him as a person and as a man. I’ve been fortunate to have people in my life who have kept their promises, so that is what I expect from a man.  I am just not able to accept less. 


Secondly, he must be a leader because in my opinion, we’ve been spoiled by the philosophy that everyone deserves a medal.  What I mean by that is that not everyone in a leadership position is a real leader. For me to consider a man my mate, he must be a true leader. He doesn’t have to be perfect, but he must be honest in his efforts to lead or I simply can’t follow.



9.  Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?


My mom taught me through example and her words that I should, “Travel, see the world and see how other people live.” When I was younger, year after year, our family would visit  Galveston on the Gulf Coast every summer. On more than one occasion, my mother would say, “Pack your stuff. We’re driving to California or Washington,DC or the Equator tomorrow.”  


10. What piece of business advice would you like to share?


The piece of business advice I would give is to only take projects in which you truly believe.  It’s been a practice of mine for my entire, although short time in business. It makes it easier to stand up for a project and a person when you believe in their product or talent.


I would also say to ask for the compensation that your talent and resources deserve.  Check out what the going rate is for your service and add or subtract according to what special or what you have yet to develop. Discounting your rates will not make people value what you do. In fact, it has the opposite effect. Also, realize that just like life, your business will go through cycles.  Business associates, contacts and even clients will be ever-changing, but it’s a natural part of business. 


Lastly, write things down—contracts, meeting notes, agendas, task lists, contract changes or special requests and don't forget to date it too.


11. What is NEXT for you in 2014 and beyond?


In 2014, I plan to continue to grow and learn the PR business and business in general.  As I take on larger projects, I would like to add more staff.


Beyond that, I just want to continue to grow into a diverse PR agency with a varied client list. I have a few ideas about bridging some industries related to PR and housing them all under Kim Green Media.


12.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? 


I prefer no heel just because I prefer flats. I’m 6’2” flat-footed, but a good wedge works sometimes too.


Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog? 


Novels.


Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?


Fruit smoothie!!!!


13. What ONE word would best describe YOU right now? 

Poised 



Optional SideNote: In 2 sentences or less, what do you think of the YAAY YOU Blogazine? 

Thank you Marcella!!







**************************************************************


TIONA DENIECE
(OH/ NY / GA)



To show a diverse reach of readers that everything is possible all over the globe, what states or countries have you lived in? What state do you live in now?


What state do you live in now? I lived in Columbus, OH, Buffalo, NY, NYC, and Atlanta, GA. I currently live between NYC and ATL. 






1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? If so, what part of the day? For how long? 


I think one of my original song, "Dream Loud" sums up my vibe. The song talks about staying the course and following your dreams no matter the cost. I pray all the time! I talk to God regularly and that actually is a type of mental relaxation for me. 





2. Tell us about 2 great projects that you were apart of in your lifetime and what inspired you to go after those goals?


When I started my organization, Tuff Diamonds last year was a huge accomplishment for me. I originally started TD as a way for young women to embrace their originality and love themselves regardless of their flaws. But as I got to meet and network with so many powerful and amazing women I was further inspired by them. I'm also working on an photography project/exhibit called "beauty in ruin" I love the idea of something beautiful growing or existing within something dirty or in places where beauty doesn't exist. 



3.What early part of your life's journey prompted you to become a singer and have it become such a necessary outlet for you?


I sang the national anthem for Hillary Rodham-Clinton's inauguration when I was a freshman in college. It was in Madison Square Garden Theatre. While I was there I not only met Billy Joel but also the Clinton's! For Billy Joel to tell me he liked my voice was pretty dope! Lol this was my first time on a big stage and feeling that rush touched something inside me. I wanted to perform and it was almost like an addiction, I craved it ever since.



4. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your daily activities ?


I STAY on social media, Instagram especially. I go through people's pages looking for ways to network and I stay up until the early morning. I also try to go to a lot of events. That's how I meet people and network. 




5. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
I love the movies, of course shopping..lol. I like to go for walks by myself and just reflect. I would love to try zip lining, possibly go to a gun range and paint ball!



6. One thing on my Life List is that...I want to perform overseas. 



7. What/Who keeps you motivated in this ever changing world? 


I have a great group of supporters and friend. That's what keeps me motivated. There are times where I feel like I'm not where I want to be, then God will send a supporter to my timeline giving me positive feedback and that's what keeps me going. I'm also motivated by my Tuff Diamonds, these women do some amazing things. I feel like I need to keep going because I can't let them down and vice versa! 



8. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life?
A man that is understanding of my lifestyle and a man that can make me laugh! 



9. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it? 


I went to a conference with Sean Garrett. While I was there he said that you should do what makes you happy and keep going. 



10. What piece of business advice would you like to share?


Make sure you do your research before you jump into anything, especially if you are partnering with someone. 

11. What is NEXT for you in 2014 and beyond?


To the TOP!! Lol I want to finish and release my EP "Dream Loud" a few videos and more performances. Also the re-launch of the Tuff Diamonds Blog. 



12. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? 


HIGH HEELS 


Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog ? 

BLOG

Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced? 


Fresh fruit

13. What ONE word would best describe YOU right now? 

Dreamer. 

Optional SideNote: In 2 sentence or less, what do you think of the YAAY YOU Blogazine? 

I think it's amazing! We need more self-motivation and An outlet that celebrates the idea of being true to yourself! 
****************************************
*********************************************
*************************************************************************************


BE MY GUEST:


*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************


****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************


*******************
HONORS:

All students returning to school for the Summer 2014 Session!
GOOD LUCK! BE GREAT!

*********************


******************************************************


HONORS: EDEN SANAA DUNCAN-SMITH



Actress, Singer, Dancer, Spokesperson


****************************************


Beautiful Traci Lynn jewelry being sold by 




***********************************************************
HONORS:

DIONNE AUDAIN


For being casted in a co-starring role on Season 3 of "Orange Is The New Black" 

*****************************************



HONORS: Recording Artist, TIFFANY MYNON

on her new EP on itunes entitled :
LOVE VENDOR


****************************************

HONORS:


SheThinx.com

*************************************
HONORS:

LANISHA RENE, MBA



Business Columnist: Kontrol Magazine 
Executive Editor: Kontrol Girl Magazine
Sr. Business Developer/Publicist
LR Consulting Enterprise
Business Development | Strategic Marketing | Public Relations





on continuing to create a impact with multi-media outlets

****************************************
HONORS: 

Deidre Cash-Simmons


Human Resources Consultant and
owner of


************************************************

HONORS: 

Loretta R. Walls


CEO, Founder/Author
NU CHERTE Publishing


***************************************************************************
HONORS:
The Movie:



*************************************************



*************************************************************
THE ALBUMS:


*************************************************************** 


In honor of the Billboard charts, Icon, Janet Jackson.
Remixes available at : http://bit.ly/1lvVJNw

*************************************************************** 



 ***************************************************************


***************************************************************


***************************************************************



***************************************************************

HONORS:

The NEW BUSINESS OWNERS of West Hollywood, California and Monroe, Louisiana

*****************
HONORS:

The NEW BRIDES of Burbank, California

*********************

HONORS:

The NEW MOMS AND DADS of Houston, Texas and Bronx, New York

******************************************************************************************************
***HAPPY BIRTHDAY***
Because you were born...Great things were born
G Lyer-7/04
D Cash-7/08
Charlene T-7/10
Rosalind G-7/10
Shakera B- 7/13
Jewel W- 7/21
Naima S-7/22
Pamela W- 7/22
N Frankle-7/28
Sarah KL Jones-7/28
I Kanns-Younge-7/29
Demitra Owenns-7/29
S Roy-7/29
M Gomez-7/29
Delma Chase-Luden- 7/30
M L Frankle-7/30
P Taylor-7/30
JULY - 2014 FLOWING WITH THE GOOD THOUGHTS THAT LEAD TO GREAT EVENTS JULY - 2014 FLOWING WITH THE GOOD THOUGHTS THAT LEAD TO GREAT EVENTS Reviewed by YAAY YOU on 10:16 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.