WHAT'S NEW THIS MONTH

YAAY-YOU MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019, A Beautiful Mind, welcomes ANITA DAVIS

MARCELLA PRECISE & YAAY-YOU
welcomes

ANITA DAVIS

MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019:



1.     If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?  Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of the day? For how long?


1a) Jazmine Sullivan's song, Masterpiece, is my overall vibe. It's an integral part to the soundtrack of my life, reminding me that I’m a work of art, a masterpiece.

1b) I pray all throughout the day and as I get impressions/understandings from God, I write them down and meditate on them. I focus on how they readily affect me and how I can apply them to my life. This routine is constant. Also, I meditate when I’m sitting in the steam room at the gym.

And honestly, what's mentally relaxing for me is reading a romance novel. I try to fit reading as many as I can between my writing projects.




2. Congratulations on your new goals. Tell us about 2 great projects/events that you were proud to be a part of in this lifetime.



Thank you. One goal I reached that I can always count on putting a smile in my face is publishing my first book, Underneath It All. It introduced my unquenchable desire to keep writing great stories to share with the world. Another project that I'm excited to have had a hand in starting and continuing to mature it is my organization Book Euphoria. Myself, along with a few other authors came together to create a platform for Chicago authors, as well as others around the country, to have a frequent stage to share their brands. It has morphed into a Sisterhood. We are hosting our first weekend event this year in March. I'm just always excited for what we are coming up with for the things to come.



3. Tell us about your books "Hues" and "Tones".



Hues details the story of supermodel, Liv Summers, who is esteemed by the industry and her fans for her flawless beauty and matchless runway and shoot presence. Ten years in the limelight and hiding her true identity has kept her from getting close to anyone other than her assistant. She’s content with life she’s been living, but world-renowned photographer, Parker Anderson, is seemingly shaking up things in her life. He wants to capture her in his annual photo shoot in a way no one has. Liv Summers won’t agree to it. Not only is he pressed to get Liv to do the shoot, but in spite of vowing never to date another model, the pull towards her is too strong to deny. Will he find the right angle to win her over for the shoot and capture her heart?


With Tones being the second book in the Limelight Series, it zooms in on the lives of Liv Summers best friend and makeup artist, Simone Gadberry and Parker’s best friend and nightclub owner, Desmond Douglass. Desmond isn’t fond of monogamy but will his attraction to Simone change that?


All in all, I think they are beautifully engaging stories staring a complex, yet entertaining cast of characters.





4. What early part of your life's journey, prompted you to become an author and have it become such a necessary outlet for you?



I've always loved words, reading and writing them. That love ultimately led me to becoming a middle school writing teacher. Having to show kids how to start their writing for the varying genres, especially the narrative units, reminded me of just how much I loved to make up stories. It pushed me to get my Master’s in Creative Writing and to start publishing my works. My teaching and master's accumulation journey really put in my face my gift for telling stories and just how much I wanted to be a published author. It showed me just how necessary writing is to my happiness.




5. With some of your successful experiences, allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your daily activities now?


Brainstorming and interacting with my Book Euphoria crew.  We're always plotting to build up our organization and cheering each other’s individual writing/brands.



6.  What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try? 



6a) I love to roller skate, workout, and read for fun. 

6b) One thing I'm most interested in trying out soon is aerial yoga. I live anything that involves me being active, aside from reading and writing. Lbs.




7.  One thing on my Life List (something you'd still love to accomplish but haven't done yet in this lifetime) is...

Something I'd love to do is to get married (to an amazing man, I don't just want the ceremony. I want a rich and fulfilling marriage/covenant) and have a child.




8.  What/Who keeps you motivated in this ever-changing world?



My relationship with God, Him always affirming who and whose I am keeps me motivated. Gratefully, He also blessed me with amazing family and friends to encourage me as well.




9.  What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life or in the future?



Two must have qualities in my future mate is him being determined and full of integrity. I think those two qualities cover others needed to make and provide for a productive and lasting relationship.




10.  Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?


All the advice I've received thus far is all compiled together in my mind now, but I'd say what sticks out is to be true to my voice when it comes to the types of stories I want to tell. It reminds me not follow a wave merely to gain more exposure and catch readers eyes, but to stay true to me.



11. What piece of advice would you like to share, for a fun life?



Listen to that voice inside of you. It'll allow you to have fun but also keep you grounded.



12. What is NEXT for you in 2019 and beyond?



There are some upcoming projects I can’t share just yet ***insert wink***, but I'm most excited about the books I plan to release this year and making the artistic side of me more visible this year. I love to paint as well, so hopefully I'll have some up for sale on my website soon.



13.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?  No heel. 



        Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog? Novels.



        Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced? Fresh fruit juiced.


14. What ONE word would best describe YOU right now? Determined.



Optional Side Note: In 2 sentence or less, what do you think of the YAAY YOU Blogazine? 



I believe that YAAY YOU Blogazine is timely and dope in its quest to celebrate women and their accomplishments and provide exposure to businesses and creative individuals.



   
YAAY-YOU MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019, A Beautiful Mind, welcomes ANITA DAVIS YAAY-YOU MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019, A Beautiful Mind, welcomes ANITA DAVIS Reviewed by YAAY YOU on 6:46 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.