WHAT'S NEW THIS MONTH

YAAY-YOU MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019, A Beautiful Mind, welcomes SHAUNY JOHNSON

MARCELLA PRECISE & YAAY-YOU
welcomes

SHAUNY JOHNSON

MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019:




SINGER/SONGWRITER,

SHAUNY JOHNSON

To show a diverse reach of readers that everything is possible all over the globe, what states or countries have you lived in? What state do you live in now?

I am New York City born & raised.


1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?  Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?  If so, what part of the day? For how long?

If I had to list one song that describes my vibe, it would have to be something Stevie Wonder, maybe “Overjoyed” or “If It’s Magic”; something beautifully written in the language of love.

Prayer, mediation & relaxation is essential to mental health. I take time to pray & meditate at least at the beginning of each day for an hour, and some times at other points in the day as needed. I take time to relax on the weekend to self-reflect and focus on forward planning.

2. Congratulations on your new goals. Tell us about 2 great projects/events that you were proud to be apart of in this lifetime.

It’s hard to pin down just two projects I am proud to have been apart of, but if I have to give some very recent projects I’d have to list my participation in “Who Made The Potato Salad” produced and written by the beautiful & talented Xochitl Mayo, who is also currently a writer for the Daily Show. Secondly, I’d highlight my involvement with The Living Room Cafe as part of the creative board and production team, a platform for up and coming artists.

3. Tell us about your singing style. 

I think my singing style varies depending my mood. My influences are a gumbo; from artists like Shania Twain, Stevie Wonder, Paramore, Sara Vaughan, Esther Phillips, and the list goes on. In developing my voice I have really explored my entire range, which is growing and changing as I mature.
4. What early part of your life's journey, prompted you to become a singer/songwriter and have it become such a necessary outlet for you?

There is no one part or situation that inspired me to sing. For me, it really was just being around my father, who is a professional guitarist as well as a member of a quartet group he also sang in, and being his unofficial roady when he had local gigs. I’ve always loved singing literally mimicking my father before I discovered other artists to fall in love with.

5. With some of your successful experiences, allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your daily activities now?

I have the privilege of singing weekly at events like Rosehill Monday’s hosted by Melanie Daniels & Melodie Ray, as well as Speak Easy Tuesday’s hosted by Sheldon Ray & the Pimptown Players. I am also in the beginning stages of coordinating some projects with producers and artists who I have been wanting to work with for ages.  

6.  What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?

I actually like to draw and write, other than songs, I do write poetry, plays, short stories & screenwriting. Writing is my first love, and the first thing I discovered that I was good at. I’d love to try painting, as it would be interesting to see what happens when I paint the colors I see when I hear music.

7.  One thing on my Life List (something you'd still love to accomplish but haven't done yet in this lifetime) is...

I would love to write, produce, film, act, compose & curate music for my own major web series. It’s something that I hope to get to do some day.
8. What/ Who keeps you motivated in this ever changing world?

As cliche as this may sound, my family keeps me grounded and striving for more. I also have amazing friends who are also artists who challenge me to level up, everyday.
9. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about a mate at this point in your life or in the future?

I value honesty & accountability above all else.
10. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?

The best piece of advice I received, from my mom, that also changed how I lead my life was; “natural talent will never outrun hard work”. To achieve any goal in life you need more than just the ability, you need the drive, dedication & discipline.
11. What piece of advice would you like to share, for a fun life?

Part of living a happy & fun life is perspective. Adjusting your focus and perspective to remain in “onward & upward” will allow you to grow to reach all the things you want to achieve.

12. What is NEXT for you in 2019 and beyond?

I hope to release an EP by the conclusion of the year, and do a series of features with dope artists, build and grow my brand.
13.   Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?  High heel.
        Choose 1: Novels, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog? Novels.
        Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced? Fresh fruit.


14. What ONE word would best describe YOU right now? 

Unapologetic.

Optional SideNote: In 2 sentence or less, what do you think of the YAAY YOU Blogazine? 

Warm Regards,
Shauny




YAAY-YOU MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019, A Beautiful Mind, welcomes SHAUNY JOHNSON YAAY-YOU MAY 2019 / JUNE 2019, A Beautiful Mind, welcomes SHAUNY JOHNSON Reviewed by YAAY YOU on 6:45 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.